If you are an employee, and work more than 40 hours in any given week – you are owed time and a half your regular rate of pay for every one of those hours (with some exceptions).Learn More
It’s nearly impossible to be lawfully classified as an “Independent Contractor” Massachusetts; employers regularly misclassify workers to avoid paying overtime, wages, and other benefits of employment.Learn More
Regardless of the contract you sign, you may be an employee in the eyes of the law, which may entitle to you all the benefits of correctly classified employment.Learn More

Latest From The Blog

How to File a Wage Complaint With the “Labor Board” in Massachusetts

  • August 17th, 2015

What is a “Wage and Hour Complaint”? Where do I find the Massachusetts Labor Board?

If you are owed wages from your employer in Massachusetts, one avenue of relief is to pursue litigation (a lawsuit) in order to recoup those wages as damages. Prior to the filing of any lawsuit in Massachusetts that seeks damages pursuant to a violation of the Wage Act – a “wage and hour” complaint must be filed. This relatively simple complaint is filed with the Attorney General’s office. If you retain an attorney to help you pursue your issue, your attorney will submit this complaint for you.

If you are looking for the “Labor Board,” the chances are very good that you should speak to an attorney who can evaluate your claim and advise as to the most effective avenue of relief.

Why File a Wage and Hour Complaint?

The purpose of filing […]

Unpaid Wages for “Off-the-clock” Work in Massachusetts

  • March 10th, 2015

Short Answer:Generally, you must be paid/compensated for every hour that you’re actually working for your employer. When an employer fails to pay you for every hour, by doing any of the following: deleting hours, forcing you to work after punching out, forcing you to work through lunch breaks, or requiring you to punch out even though your job duties necessitate more work that day – you are entitled to three times the unpaid wages plus a reasonable attorney’s fee award.

Long Answer:Blatant violations of the Wage Act occur when your employer fails to pay you for time that’s clearly working time. For example, if your employer explicitly decides to pay you for 40-hours per week, regardless of your actual time spent working in excess of 40 hours, and not a dollar more, that payment policy would be a Wage Act violation. You cannot lawfully be terminated […]